Monday, October 1, 2007

Lake Powell

This weekend we went to Lake Powell- Here is our house boat "Midnight Magic"
Here is a picture of our house boat Me, Gabi, Maddie, Janie, Jenny at the back of the house boat getting ready to go out on the boat.
See that big archway, well we hiked up there. It does not look far, but it really is. It was steep I was pretty much crawling up the mountain. I wanted to give up but my cousins and Aunt insisted that I did not. I am glad that I did not, because the view was amazing. It gave me the chills. My cousin Brittney remembered her camera so I will have to get those from her to post. Lets just say hiking is not my favorite thing.
Gabi and I getting ready to go out on the Jet Ski. I loved to Jet Ski, it is so much fun! Every thing we do in Lake Powell is so much fun.
The back of the house boat, I must say I love the slide that goes off the back. It is so much fun!
So this weekend we went to Lake Powell
We left Thursday morning at about 11:30 and got to Lake Powell at about 6:00pm. We stay at the Anelope Point Marina The first thing we did when we got there we went out on the Jet Ski. The water was glass, the sky blue and the weather warm. It was awesome. That night we got situated in the house boat and we sat on the top of the house boat and chatted. The rest of my family went on Monday for the whole week, some left Thursday and others got there Thursday. So we had about 25 people.
Friday we woke up pretty early to get our day started. We started off skiing in the morning when the water was smooth as glass, we air chaired, surffed then went cliff jumping, we swam, ate, jet skiied, and did lots of other fun things. Later that night we also did hip hop abs. Oh and the girl cousins made up a dance. We got the moves.
Saturday we woke up early again so we could get every bit of time on the lake. This is the day we went on our hike from "bleep" which was very hard but the view was beautiful. After that we went out to the Lake and did the usual, and then a wind storm came that lasted the rest of the day. We still had fun inside the house boat playing games and keepin our eys on the anchor to make sure they did not come out. It was crazy! We ended the night with rounds and rounds of MAFIA. That games can get pretty intense.
Sunday we of course woke up and got some things packed and ready to go, and then enjoyed the afternoon on the Lake, and then headed back to the Marina to head home.
So today I am back at work and not enjoyin it, I also still feeling like I am moving back and forth, it is a bizaree feeling. I wish I was back at Lake Powell. It seriously is one of my favorite places. We had a great time.

No comments: