Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What A-ron and I did before he left...


{A-ron and I jammin out}
So the time has come and A-ron has begun his one year deployment. We sent him off this morning at 10:30, I have some great pictures to post I just have not uploaded them to the computer yet. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I thought I would never stop crying, but luckily I have. It has been the most incredible couple of weeks being with A-ron we have been trying to do all our favorite things crammed into a week, but we did it all and it was so much fun.

Fantastic Friday night action. A-ron and I went to dinner with our good friends Jed and Missy, we went to Wingers which was one of the place A-ron wanted to eat at before he left. We enjoyed dinner, laughed and really had a wonderful time. After dinner we went and rented a movie because we were going to have a SLUMBER PARTY with Jed and Missy at their place. Our dog even got to come and party with their dog Rudy. We were like teenagers again laughing, and staying up late. Saturday morning Jed and Missy made us a wonderful breakfast. We had a great time. Thanks Jed and Missy.

Splendid Saturday Action. Saturday was great A-ron and I were able to go to the temple which I am so happy we did the spirit was so strong, and it was nice to be in the temple with my eternal companion. I really think that is what is getting me through this because I know that this year is just a glimpse of the time we have together, because we have eternity. I can handle a year! Right? Well after the temple we had a few things we needed to get done before he left, like the dreaded taxes. Not fun. That night we went to A-ron's grandma's house so his father could give him a priesthood blessing. It was such an awesome night and we enjoyed every minute. Oh and did I mention that A-ron wanted McDonalds for dinner, so I had a kids meal.

Super Sunday Action. Of course we went to church which was great being able to sit by my husband during the meeting. After church A-ron and I really wanted to get one last Sunday night nap in, those our the best naps. My mother made a wonderful dinner for us and A-ron was able to give me such a remarkable blessing. I feel so lucky to have a husband who is a worthy priesthood holder. Can you tell that I love him so much? We also got some rockband in and went to my Grandma's house so we could see my family and play ping-pong. Ya A-ron won. It was such a great weekend, I enjoyed every minute with A-ron. We did not let each other out of site.

So he is in Washingtion at the moment and I will post some pictures from this morning. It is a little hard at the moment to write about it, I am kinda a mess. I know that I am going to learn alot from this and grow stronger. Thank you to everyone and their support. I have the best family and friends.


4 comments:

tothe4thfloor said...

We love you two!

Dyana said...

Hey Megan...You are tough as nails! Aaron is lucky to have such an awesome wife. If you need ANYTHING...I am just a hop, skip & a jump away! Call me!

Justin said...

Good luck with everything. Please feel free to contact Alicia if you ever need anything. She's been through what you're going through and can be a big help. Get us through our blog or Missy will know how to get into touch with us.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

You're such a strong girl, I know you'll be okay! :) We'll keep you in our prayers! If you need to talk, you can call me!