Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun &"Goodbye" Jessie

Cute Russian doll cupcakes, complaments of Megan

Yummy, Yummy Spin Cafe in Heber.
Me, Gabi, Madie, Jess
We even rode on a carousel
Madie, Me, Gabi, Janie, Jess

"Oh this is what I call a good time"

Me, Jenny


Me, Jessie, Little Whit sleeping, Mindi

Three of my best friends.

Jessie's goodbye cake at her goodbye party, complaments of Costco.

Dinner in Park City
Mindi, Me, Suz

Jessie, Mindi, Little Whit

At our hotel room in Park City

Me, Suz

Getting ready for our Heber Creeper adventure


Jess, Gabi, Mister Conductor, Madie

Cookie, Me, Gabi, Madie, Jess, Suz, Grandma Donna


What a great, fun-filled weekend I had. On Friday Me, Ali, Gabi, Mindi, Little Whit, Jess, Suz, Madie, Gabi and Grandma went up to Park City to have one last girls weekend before Jess left to Russia. On Friday we went to dinner, ate yummy apples, and giggled all night in the hotel room. Saturday we went on a three hour train ride on the Heber Creeper. It was a lot of fun and I even had a very enjoyable nap. The scenery was beautiful and the company of course was great. After that we went to the yummiest cafe, "Spin Cafe" delicious! I am craving it as I write. Then we went to hang out with Janie and Jenny at the resort they were staying at, which was beautiful! That is when we got to ride the carousel, so much fun. It did cost $2 dollars, but it was well worth it. Then of course we went to the outlet malls. It was a great weekend and it is always fun to get together with family.

Sunday we threw a "Goodbye" party for Jessie before she left to Russia. We had it in my parents backyard and a ton of people came and we had tons of yummy desserts. It was neat to see how many people love and care about Jessie, she has such a fun personality and everyone just loves being around her because she is so positive and has such a great attitude. I just love her and I already miss her so much, she left this morning and I already want her to come home. I do know that it is going to be a great experience for her and she will learn lots and lots.

Monday was my first day of school and what an adventure. I am taking the TRAXS up to the U to save on gas and man I had no idea what kind of people rode on the TRAXS, in the nicest way possible they were "crazies" for lack of a better term. I don't mean to be rude by any means but what a culture shock for me. I was sitting next to a guy that kept saying, "I need to get some more crack." he kept asking me for some and of course I said, "Ya let me just pull that out of my back pack for you." I mean come on, do I look like I have crack. You might also be wondering why I was sitting next to him well lets just say he smelt nice, well okay actually he did not, but anyway the TRAXS were packed and I was the only person left with an available seat so of course I let him sit down. Well anyway it made me really grateful for the great life that I have. At least I will be entertained on the TRAXS. I love school and I had a great first day, I really enjoy to learn and I love being able to stretch my mind and really think. Hopefully life will not get too crazy! Also that night we had a family night with just my immediate family and it was a great experience for me we each shared our favorite scripture with Jessie and gave her some advice for when she is gone, the spirit was so strong and it was a really nice bonding experience for all of us. Then my dad gave her a priesthood blessing which was really neat to witness. Thank goodness for family and for the priesthood. I love this church it brings forth great blessings to me and my family. Well it has been a great weekend and a great week so far. Good luck Jessie, I love you! And of course I have to end by giving a shout out to my hubby, Aron, "I love you and miss you."

16 comments:

Angi Gerrie said...

You have a great family! Reading your blog makes me smile all the time. You are such a great girl. Your hubby is one lucky guy.

erika said...

Hello Beautiful! I just got Chelsea's shower invitation in the mail--how cute and creative are you? I loved it! I'm so sad that I am going to miss it--but I will certainly see you at the wedding!

I have some questions about the shower--will you e-mail me when you get a chance? erikarobarge@gmail.com

PS I am totally proud of you for going to school--and espeically for riding TRAX!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Why is she going to Russia?

Aubrey Doyle said...

How fun for you guys to have a weekend with the girls! Sounds like a great time! You have such a cute family (not that I've met them all, but they sound great!)

I'm glad school started off nicely. I've had a few interesting experiences on Trax as well. I always wonder where those people come from.

A_ronisgonegone2 said...

Well I'm going to go ahead and agree with Angi. I am one lucky guy and you know what, I even think that my in-laws are pretty great too. I love them all. Meg, I'm so glad that you had a great weekend. It takes a little off my shoulders when I hear that you had a good time. I miss you and can't wait to see you. Love ya and miss ya. You're the best, thank you.

carla thorup said...

Hi megan :) Is Jessie going with ILP? Fun fun for whatever reason she is in Russia though, I hear it's great. Now we can be blog friends... you're cute. And I even like your husband a little too.

Meghann said...

Megan that is so funny about the crack guy, there are a lot of crazy people that ride trax, if you come across any more crazy things you'll have to write about it. Tell Jessie good luck!

Janna said...

Jessie,Good luck in Russia.

Cristine said...

Sadly, I missed the goodbyes to Jessie. I hope all goes well for her. When does she leave? It was a bummer night for our family as it was KRs last day at home. Also, I had an awful experience on trax with my kids and some crazy guy. I have no plans to ride it again! Good Luck with school. I'm so glad you will be able to see Aaron soon:) Too bad you will also be in school:(

Brittany said...

Where are the pictures of your house?

Jenny Hart Turk said...

I will miss jessie so much! I hope she is doing okay! I'm glad we got to hang for a little while in Midway last saturday. That was fun. I secretly wanted to ride that carousel, but needed a good excuse to do so.
Anyway, love your pictures as always!

The Sorensen Family said...

Nothing like girls night and you sure do know how to have girls nights!! Cute cup cakes! You are so dang talented!

Becca S. said...

I'm so glad that you have such a great family and that you have so much fun together!
When Clint used to come home from riding trax he always seemed especially relaxed. Now I now why. Thanks for the insight!

Jessie said...

hey megan,
that was such a fun weekend in heber, and i the train was like my favorite part!

I miss you so much and make a baby when aaron comes home. hehe

I want more children to hog!

love ya,
xoxo

Evie said...

Hey Megan! It is Eve from the old ward! I found your blog through Jessies, your blog is cute, and it is fun to see what you and your family are up to! Say hi to everyone for me!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

Hi Megan, this is Alissa! I found your blog on Mindi's which I found on Kristen Rockwood's! I have a blog now if you want to visit it. It is alissaandchris.blogspot.com. Your blog is so so cute!