Monday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley

1910-2008


Gordon B. Hinckley, what a wonderful man. You can't help but smile when you think of our beloved prophet.

Aaron and I were playing a card game when I got a text message from my brother-in-law informing us that Gordon B. Hinckley passed away at the age of 97. At first I was kind of shocked, and then as we watched the news I realized that he really had passed away. What a legacy Gordon B. Hinckley left behind, he truly was a remarkable man and he did so much for the church. I started remembering the fireside I attended when I was younger when he introduced the 6 B's, and how that talk changed my life. All of his talks he gave inspired me in one way or another. I feel so lucky to know that death is not the end and that it is a beginning to a whole new life. What a great reunion it was for Gordon B. Hinckley to be reunited with his wife, Marjorie. I am so thankful that families can be together forever.

I am so blessed to know that Gordon B. Hinckley was a true prophet of God and I am so grateful that I was able to listen to so many of his talks for so many years at General Conferences, Firesides, etc.

Words really can't describe the impact Gordon B. Hinckley had on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints and also in my life. He was really just the sweetest old man, so full of life and spunk. He will always be such a great example to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your testimony.

McCall said...

Really? You like MY blog. I think it's lame. Yours is cute! How do you get the top all original and stuff? I can't figure anything out. ;)