Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I am an American Soldier (Tribute to Aaron)


I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States
and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.
I just wanted to take a minute and thank my husband for serving for our country so that I can live in a free land. I want him to know that I support him 100%, even though this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, I will stand by him through thick and thin. Aaron started training today and man it was really tough to say goodbye to him this morning. I know this next month he will be able to come home some nights and others he will need to stay at Camp Williams, but it was still really hard. He will be working Monday-Sunday from 7:00AM to about 6:00 PM. Aaron never complains about not having a day off, being too tired, or wishing he did not have to work, he goes every day for each and every one of us. He knows that he is fighting for our freedoms. I admire that about Aaron he is so strong and he never complains, it has taught me a great lesson.He is an amazing man and I am honored to call him my husband. These last couple of days have been extremely hard for me. Everytime I think about Aaron leaving I start to cry, I know that my Heavenly Father will help me through this year and he has already made me stonger.
I just wanted to write down what I have been feeling lately so as the time goes by I will see that it will get easier. I know lots of people who have had to send off husbands, wives, dads, cousins, friends, etc so it is nice to know that I am not the only one going through this.
I want to thank all my friends and family for all their love and support through these last couple of weeks.
I threw Aaron a party on Saturday and it went really well, we have the best family and friends I will post pictures soon. Thank you to all of those who helped with the party, it would have not been the same without your help.It was awesome.
Thank you Aaron for serving our country. I love you so much you are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am going to miss you tons and tons. You are an INCERDIBLE AMERICAN SOLDIER!

5 comments:

Becca S. said...

Megan, you are an incredible woman and wife! Aaron is lucky to have a spouse that is so supportive of what he is doing. We'll make sure to keep both of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Cary said...

Oh Megan, you are great!! I have been thinking about you all week, wondering how you were doing! Just as Becca said, we have you both in our prayers!! We are SOOOOOOO glad you are staying here!! Please let us know if you need anything!!

tothe4thfloor said...

Megan you are amazing and keep up the smiles. I love that about you! Always smiling!

Kari said...

Aaron is an amazing person and so are you. You are also teaching us a great lesson through your example. We are proud of you and just remember to pray always. The Lord will help you through this. And come visit us. We would love to have you come visit us and take your mind off home for awhile. We love you and Aaron.

Jen Bird said...

You are the sweetest wife and person!! I've been thinking about you and you'll definetly be in my prayers!! You both couldn't be more in love and so perfect for each other!! We love you both!!